Saturday 28 September 2019

The 'Free' Deal

Sometimes, people say things, and I'll sit there for twenty minutes trying grasp how they meant this.

Today, Bernie Sanders said something to the effect, that his $16-trillion dollar Green 'climate-change' plan....would basically pay for itself. 

I tried to imagine this.

It'd be like me talking to the wife and suggesting that a $4,000 gas grill unit.....would basically pay for itself. 

It'd be like my brother buying a $250,000 Lamborghini and saying over and over....it'd basically pay for itself.

It'd be like the New York Yankees signing four of the best pitchers in the major leagues, for a price of $33-million each for a five-year contract, and suggesting that it'd basically pay for itself. 

So I'm not really sure if Bernie knows what it means....'to pay for itself'.  If this was all 'free'....just say it and blink once or twice.  Write down in ink.....'free of charge'.  But I got this feeling....he's just never done any financial planning. 

No comments: