Wednesday 24 August 2022

Binge Viewing

 I binge-watched Game of Thrones, and finished the last episode a day or two ago.

I know...I'm probably seven years behind most of you.

So to my points and criticisms:

1.  On writing and script, it's one of the five best series ever written.  There's probably 200 great exchanges between characters that are noteworthy to remember. 

2.  On acting, you can suggest twenty-odd people as giving the performance of their lives.

3.  The final two episodes are crap, and I'm just shaking my head over the final outcome.  Between the dragon flying off, Jon Snow sent into exile, Arya sailing off, and the Hound dying in the end....it just failed to resolve the story  

4.  Rory McCann delivering his performance as the 'Hound'?  Oscar-material, I thought.

5.  I think the whole series would be great for use in college classes to discuss ethics, leadership roles, and evolution of governments.  

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

I visit elderly shut-ins.
One old gal is 'tetched and 'getting-on', so she watches the same thing over and over.
Apparently spellbound by historical soap-operas, she watches games for thrones.
And then, orders the programming on DVD.
And then, forgets she owns several copies of the programming, and orders another.
.
I am baffled.
.
PS:
I lost interest after Sean Bean left.