Tuesday 7 March 2023

My Gut Feeling Over Biden's 'Health'

 First, I think when you go back to the Thanksgiving-to-New Year's period of 2019...before the intense 2020 primary....I think Joe Biden had a stroke. It wasn't a big deal where hospitalization was required, but I suspect it was bad enough that for a hundred days in early 2020....he was taking tPA, and if you went down the complications of a stroke and the use of tPA....he was showing 'problems'.  

Naturally, the news media didn't say anything.

Second.....if you are on a tPA deal.....you aren't supposed to do oxygen treatments unless you meet certain conditions.  I think Joe Biden meets the conditions, and those weekly trips back to Delaware give him the privacy for the combined treatment....to keep him functional and somewhat focused.

Third, thanks to the fact that he was pretty lean (not overweight) and in better condition than most guys at this age....he's continued on down this path.  

Now, if you asked me....(I'm not a doctor or a healthcare person)....could he continue campaign in 2024 and run for a 2nd time?  I'd say he'd have to repeat the marginal campaign effort of 2020, and limit himself to just one major day per week of 'action', with weekends spent back in Delaware for his sessions.

For the Democrats, it means he's not really charging up the base for the House/Senate races.  I would be shaking my head and asking for a better choice.

So I'm of the mind....before we get to October 2023....Joe Biden will say he's not running, (avoiding the subject of health) and then the big rush will be on.  But if you were filling out the card of five choices to offer for the Democratic primary....after you cross off Pete Buttigieg and Kam Harris...you don't have much left except AOC and Governor Newsom.  

Will this revealing Joe's health ever come out?  I'm of the mind that once he's passed on....a historian will come to reveal the stroke, the treatment, and the whole thing will resemble President Wilson's problems back a hundred years ago.

Finally, the one thing you really don't want to create....is some scenario where Joe Biden does run in 2024....selects a marginal replacement VP (other than Kam), and two months prior to the election....has some massive stroke and is totally out of the campaign entirely.  

This one problem....I believe...is what drives the Democratic National 'machine' to be focused on a new candidate.  

No comments: