Wednesday 19 July 2023

This Low IQ Discussion

 In my Air Force years, I worked around a lot of 'odd-people'.  I'd reserve one group as the low IQ folks....which I'd put around a dozen folks into this special group.

By low IQ?  I mean folks that weren't going to achieve more than 70 on the general IQ test.  

The Air Force will tell you that people need to have a high school diploma and achieve x-score (36) on their ASVAB tests.  Generally, if you score 60....you are in a high IQ group.  (Max on ASVAB?  99)

These people weren't necessarily stupid....but if you had some problem or situation develop....they were generally the last people you wanted to resolve the issue.

These were also the people who saw technology as a boundary.  

There's a lot of debate over how many folks are in the low IQ levels.  Me?  I'd suggest that 10-percent of people fall in the IQ of 60 or less group.  Is this a big deal?  Normally, I'd say no....but I think a lot of them have crept past high school, and some have even gone onto college....getting a degree while being a low IQ person.  Then you start to wonder.....with the degree....did they move to be a teacher later in life? 

Just makes you wonder if this is the product of our generation.....education dimwits....motivating lesser IQ kids....to proceed on and succeed in life?

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

We operate a small organic teaching farm near the outskirts of Eugene, Oregon, the last place on a dead-end road.
On and off for a year, a California couple camped in the turn-around.
Those two are in the dictionary under 'incompetent'.
.
The elderly gent across the street -- again with the cancers and not needing the aggravation -- told me the half-wits have fires in the road.
I immediately gave them some 'face-time' so they understand they are still not invisible.
.
The half-wit female whined "We put it out as soon as we get done cooking... and did you know we are having a baby."
.
The next time I saw the elderly gent, I shared the great news of the upcoming miracle.
He questioned their ability to manage the act of doing the baby-making.
Something along the lines of "How the fargle did those two figure out how to fargle!"
Probably some truth to that...