Thursday 24 August 2023

Q-and-A: 23 Aug 2023

 1.  Does any of this debate crap matter?

NO.

A couple of dimwit journalists asks stupid questions.....a couple of candidates give bogus answers, and after an hour of this....you have this 'daze' in your head....like you had six shots of vodka and drunk a whole bottle of flu-medicine.  

2.  Biden falling asleep at that Maui appearance

You have to deal with a old guy who probably needs two naps every day....on top of his eight hours of sleep.  If you don't like the idea....vote someone else in.

3.  Did you even notice S&P downgraded several banks?

Wasn't front-page news.  Should be a big indicator of things to come over next year.

4.  Masks coming back?

Yeah....another Covid era.  Me and my one single mask (bought in 2020) with 14,888 hours of use.....to be re-used again?  Yeah.  

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

(Maybe I told this story here)
.
A couple years ago, I went to a new doctor about an ear infection.
The staff was in an absolute tiff about me standing six feet this side of the floor-mounted plexiglass barrier...
... while they sat six feet away from it on the other side...
... while they wore those comical pastel-blue fabric masks (aka 'face-masks')... and a secondary pink mask over the first.
Apparently, the manual for the Two-MaskSystem® mandates the color difference.
.
I was duly impressed.
.
Taking the absurdity a step beyond rational, I wore my OSHA-certified dual-filter respirator (the fUSA administrators put themselves in charge of occupational and health safety, and where would we be without them...).
.
I protected my eyes from immediate and permanent pan-viral damage with yellow-tinted shop-goggles (the staff pan-failed in that pan-timely pan-response to the pan-potential for airborne grime turning them into CoV-zombies).
STBY!
.
At the exam-room, the physician refused to enter until I pulled a fabric mask (aka 'face-mask') from the dispenser clearly labeled:
* !!! NOT EFFECTIVE AGAINST AIRBORNE VIRUS !!!...
... and mounted it over the top of my OSHA-certified dual-filter respirator... the high-dollar gizmo engineered to eliminate any airborne material ('guaranteed to eliminate' according to the sterile packing for the multi-stage elements).
.
I applaud our esteemed host for re-cycling and re-using..
I humbly maintain *my* personal mobile pan-barrier tarnished muddy pastel-blue fabric mask pan-barrier still dangling between the two filter elements on my pan-barrier cootie protector.
.
It's the least I could do.