Saturday 16 December 2023

Breathing Story

 I sat looking this week over a Daily Mail UK newspiece: "Now scientists say BREATHING is bad for the environment: Gases we exhale contribute to 0.1% of the UK's greenhouse gas emissions.|"

You can read the whole  piece here.

By the end, you are left with two observations.  First, we could be doomed no matter what we do.  Or, we could adapt here and learn to breath less.  

I pondered over the breathing less.  At the Alabama pool where I failed to learn how to swim.....you had training to hold your breath thirty seconds.  This practice might work, and if so....we could lessen the destruction of the planet, by holding our breath on a regular basis. 

If none of this matters, and we are fairly doomed?  Well....then breath on....like you would normally breath.  

Next week?  I expect the next science worry to be excessive farting...causing climate change, and getting people to lessen their farting. 

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

a) In keeping with my tendency to find humor in just about anything, I intended footnoting this piece with the DSM-5 (the psych book with a nifty-neato title for each whack-job) diagnosis for flatulence inhalers.
Innocently, I was unaware of that as a fetish.
.
After a search, I am much more enlightened.
I discovered specialized dating sites for the expeller to meet the ideal matching inhaler(s).
Apparently -- speculating here -- those individuals would have significantly less fragrance detection than the usual.
.
And I acknowledge I could be completely off.
The inhaler could have significantly greater olfactory ability.
.
b) I visit elderly shut-ins.
One old gal expels the gaseous contents of her guts, then busts out laughing for the next half-hour.
After the non-solid non-fluid relief, she is thoroughly satisfied with her accomplishments for the day.
.
I probably would be, too.