Saturday 10 February 2024

I'm Not Really Against Stupid People, But......

 I think around the last year of high school in Bama, when it occurred to me that at various times....I was dealing with stupid people.  

A year or two into the my Air Force era....I came to start a ranking system (Stupid-level 1/2/3).  Level-1 people were OK, and you could manage to educate or bring them out of the 'pit'.  Level-2 stupid people were mostly people you avoided.  Level-3 stupid people were people with extremely low IQ....probably in the 80-to-85 range and you felt sorry for.  

By the end of my Air Force era (1999)....I'd even come to realize that folks with four years of college or even a Masters Degree....could be stupid as well.

Over the past twenty years?  I've come to realize stupid people exist in the medical arena...the news media....Hollywood, and even work to sell themselves in some religious fashion...as stupid.

I've probably developed myself to immediately assess stupidity.  It's nothing personnel....but if you walked up to me and I seem  preoccupied after your introduction or tale of woe.....asking me what my mind was on....I'd respond with 'one', 'two' or 'three'.  Then you'd be hoping I gave you a 'one' or 'three'.

If I were offering advice to some high school kid?  Yeah, I'd explain the stupid people issue, and get them hooked onto my grading system.  

No comments: