Saturday 10 February 2024

Three Things

 1.  I was offered one single chance to join up with a DC gov't employee 'union' back in 2010.  There were a dozen of us new hires in the room, and NOT one single person was interested. 

I noticed this graph today....going back to 1990....almost 20-percent of people were union members.  Now?  It's down to 10-percent, and I would imagine by 2030....it'll be near 5-percent.  

Adding to the spiral?  Well...folks used to be hand-cuffed by the union to vote along union 'picks', and that has been lost as well.

2.  I sat and watched this AM...one of those stupid videos of a 22-year old gal....finished with college and hired-up somewhere (never saying where or with what company).....all miserable and extremely negative about life.

In an average week....I probably watch five of these.  Generally....always a female, and always in the age group of 21 to 25.

It's always a passionate moment....lost on enthusiasm....dwelling on the terrible life they are living.  The pay is never enough.....they don't have time for friends...they seek fulfillment but can't find it.

I feel like taking them out to the hay field in August, and letting them spend a day at 95-degree F....hauling hay and getting this miserable feeling transformed.  

3.  Each day that passes.....it feels like propaganda-A, propaganda-B, or propaganda-C is being fed to me.  It'd be nice to delete the news entirely, and just watch the Three Stooges or some Japanese monster movie.

1 comment:

Bigus Macus said...

We have a union at my old command. I was a bargaining unit member but not a union member. A friend of mine later joined the union and later decided to get out. That was a painful process, once you're in its hard to get out of it. It took him over a year to get out.