Monday 22 April 2019

Warren's Save America Fund

This Senator Warren plan on student loan debt?

Well, here's the simplicity of the deal.  As long as you make under $100,000 (even if unemployed today)....her deal would cancel out $50,000 of the debt.  If you had $120,000 at age 22?  Well....it'd only resolve part of your issue....you'd still owe $70k. 

Amount that it'd add up to?  Well....she says $640 billion.  I have my doubts and an audit might suggest it closer to $1-trillion.

Where would the $640 billion come from?  Taxes. So you folks who never went to college, or made it debt-free through college?  Well....you'd pay for the debt folks.

The more that this gets brought up.....the more frustrated non-debt folks would get over this free deal.  If this were me, and I were debt free....even at age 60...I'd do the paperwork for college loan, borrow the money, and blow it on Vegas gambling, a around-the-world cruise, or an RV camper. 

No comments: