Friday 15 April 2022

Yeah, About Those Ads

 Over the past couple of days, I've been looking at this story which is being discussed in the open press.....media companies (Disney, Warner Media, Comcast, And Paramount)....set to run some type of ad promotional campaign....to promote transgendering or transgenderism.

It's an odd story.

Some people will look at the ad suggestions and just laugh.  Some people will ask questions....like is this really necessary?  Some people will focus on the problems existing in America and ask how this prioritizes.  Finally, you will reach around 50-percent of people who are just fed up with 'lectures'.

At some point (1992 for me)....the Air Force decided that lecturing folks was a priority, and they would drag folks into a base theater to get such-and-such lecture.  Over some three month period....I got dragged into three of these lectures.  I began to ask stupid questions, and the necessity of the lecture business began to diminish in my landscape.

Around the late 1990s....I just reached the point where I'd find different ways to avoid the forced lecture.  If I did show up....I'd have a crossword puzzle or a newspaper to read.  

Today?  I hit the mute-button for my TV....if I feel it's another lecture.

There are various magazines I avoid now (National Geographic, Time, Reader's Digest) because of the lecture content.

Radio shows on NPR?  I'm rather quick if I detect a lecture about to start up.....in finding another channel or turning the radio off.

The problem here with these big companies getting into this....these lectures will branch out into movie topics, characters, and story content.  It probably won't take more than a year for a Marvel agenda to arrive, for the trans-topic, and I feel the lecture intensity at the level to just walk out of a theater or delete my streaming video account.

If I were 12 years old today, and focused on this lecture-crap?  It'd be a problem.  I'm not sure I could sit in some 7th grade class and hear a lecture building up.  

Are the big media companies hurting their product?  I would suggest in the long-term....people will get turned off....seeing the lecture business over and over.  It's too much like a old Soviet propaganda situation.

No comments: