Wednesday 20 July 2022

Chatter Over the Mall Shooting

 Talk from the mall shooting came up today, and the police updated one fact.....about 15 seconds after the shooter fired.....he was taken down (shot dead) by Mr Dicken.

The thing I'm impressed with.....from roughly 120 ft away (90 ft is the standard from home-plate to first-base)....he hit the guy eight times out of ten shots.

If it'd been me?  At that distance.....I probably would have only hit the guy two times.  I might also have known my limits and tried to edge forward 30 feet....to have a better opportunity at the shot.

But that's admitting I'm just not a pistol shooter (better with the rifle).

The fact that he continued to fire after the first round hit the guy?  I would have kept firing until he was on the ground, as well.

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

Ten shots at forty yards is impressive.
Shoot to stop, reload while moving to cover, scan for accomplices.
For each accomplice you see, presume you miss another three.
Allow the goofball to bleed out -- as long as it takes -- instead of rushing to the nincompoop to 'secure the weapon' or some other such nincompoopery you saw on televisionprogramming.
.
Do some shopping mauls have Traint Perfesserioneral guards?
That job does not pay enough.
.
.
September, 2013.
Four goofballs attacked a shopping maul.
Sixty-eight dead.