Tuesday 5 July 2022

The Wrong People To Attract

 I paused over this California Governor Gavin Newsom effort to launch ads urging Floridians to leave state, and come to California.

Roughly 360,000 people left California in 2021.  

Things typically driving them out?  They all have a top-ten list (I've noticed this when the discussion comes up).  It's not just taxes....cost of living, safety, the homeless problem, regulations mounting, etc.

Is there anything that would drive me to California?  Well....if I were hooked on Cannabis, cocaine, crack, heroin, bath salts, fentanyl, or any of the other 40-odd killer-drugs....then yeah, California would be the place to go.

Cops aren't going to arrest me.

DA's aren't going to charge me.

Judges aren't will to send me off to prison.

I can camp on the beach....with no one willing to discipline me. 

The state might attempt to house me in some freaked-up hotel deal.....paying out $150 a day for me to live my drugged-up life.

I can' think of a better state to hang out. 

But I'm guessing Newsom probably doesn't want my kind hoping on a Trailways and journeying across to California to hang out.



No comments: