Saturday 13 May 2023

The Thing About Gaslighting

 I sat the other day and contemplated when I first heard the term gaslighting.  It was probably between 2012 and 2015, and after hearing the term....I spent an hour reading up on the philosophy of gaslighting.

I probably had seen bits of piece of this while working in the Air Force, but as a media-control strategy....getting you to some favored opinion....this really started to appear around 2008 to 2010.  

The problem today....so many people are trained in recognizing it, and reversing it (Tim Pool is one)....that you really don't want to start an  engagement and think this will win the argument for you.

To be honest, the minute I see you portraying yourself as some kind of victim....I'm asking myself how stupid you are (maybe at the 3rd grade level).

There are college kids walking around and thinking that they have this great tool to win arguments, and in a matter of minutes....the other guy has revamped the gaslighting....and your whole win-attitude is spiraling out of control.

Having some management guy or CEO go this route?  It's unwise, and just demonstrating you aren't qualified for the work required.  

No comments: