Wednesday 28 June 2023

Liz Quote

 “What we've done in our politics is create a situation where we're electing idiots."

-- Liz Cheney (quote from yesterday)

I pondered upon this quote and find that I readily agree with Liz.

But I would correct it.....for over 200 years....we've been electing idiots.  If you evaluated our voting....maybe we goof up once in five times, and accidentally elect some competent guy as mayor, governor, or President.

But the majority of folks that we elect....aren't that special, or that smart.  

While we are discussing this....some folks might even stand up and admit they voted for Liz....fully realizing that she was an idiot, but suggesting that of five potential choices....she was the lesser idiot at the time.  

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

I loathe that silly fad of initiating a statement with one of the Five Queries:
* Who?
* What?
* Where?
* When?
* How?
.
I especially despise that goofy trend of initiating a statement with "What I don't like is, is that I don't like _____" or "What I am going to do is, is that I am going to _____".
.
And the plural of 'one' is not 'ones'.
Nor is the plural of 'ones' 'oneses'.
Ack!
.
But I am on the fence about the plural of 'guys'... 'guyses'.