Tuesday 15 August 2023

Binge-Viewing 'Rookie'

 Over the past month, I've binge-watched about 40 episodes of the 'Rookie' (the cop show).  Humble thoughts?

1.  It's like Adam-12, except on steroids'.

2.  I'd say per episode.....there's at least one-hundred rounds of ammo fired, and about 95-percent of time....no one ever gets hit by the bullets.

3.  I've come to the frame of mind that I would never step foot in LA ever again after watching this show.

4.  Virtually every single fed LE character guy.....is either an idiot or can't be trusted.

5.  I would guess at least three police cars are shot-up completely for each show....leaving me to wonder if this the norm in real  life.

6. You almost never see any officer eating a donut.

7.  The more that the show develops....it's more of a soap opera than a cop show.

8.  I sat and watched the one episode where a rookie-cop character got a 'whiff' of cocaine, and suddenly wanted to show his intelligence and visionary insight.....to which it just suddenly hit me....the 'act' given is exactly how VP Harris acts.....when giving these 200-word sentences that make no sense.  Just odd, I guess.  

9.  On my scale of decent modern-day shows....I actually give a decent score on story-text and characters.

No comments: