Monday 26 August 2024

The Card Lady

 This afternoon, I read a update on the Harris-Trump debate stuff....Harris wants 'notes' to be allowed during the debate.

I sat and contemplated that idea.

I took a single course on debate with Louisiana Tech....considering it one of the most wasted college classes that I took over a 6-year period.  

The end of the course came up and you had two choices.....a prepared speech (2x pages), or a full-up debate (you had to discuss your topic for at least three minutes).  It was a no-brainer for me....prepare a 2-page speech.  In the debate....the instructor wasn't going to allow notes.

So I pondered over this.....does Trump need notes?  NO.  

Harris?  I would imagine she needs to reference key points....because she can't remain on the subject (same problem Biden had).

How many 5 x 8 inch notes on the table?  Unknown....I'm guessing she wants a minimum of 12 cards.  Once you get past 12 cards....it becomes a problem to reference facts and keep the cards in order.

More of a hindrance?  Well.....for me, I'd say absolutely a crappy way of remembering things.

Trump accepting the debate rule on cards?  I doubt it.

A bad sign that she can't remember things?  Well....it's just something you wonder about....if she can stand there for an hour and actually talk facts.  To be honest....she might need forty cards to reference....in a real 4-star debate.

2 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

I've watch Trump give about a 2-hour press conference off the cuff without pausing on a verity of topics. Biden or Harris, forget about it, they couldn't' do it.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

I think you walk up to Trump at 9 AM and say in 30 min....you got a full-up 45 min press conference, and he'd just grin. He reads WSJ daily and to be honest....that's all the real news in the world that you need.