Monday 16 July 2018

Trump - Putin

After watching the whole press conference between the two, there are four observations I can make:

1.  Mueller better prepare now because Trump's going to light a fire to build an extradition treaty, then force the Justice Department to present evidence to the Russians.  You can figure that it'll take three to six months but I suspect a treaty will exist by spring of 2019.  I kinda have my doubts that the State Department and Justice Department will be happy.I think Mueller may have played the wrong hand here.  Somewhere out there, I would suspect that Russia laid out two or three more 'traps', and Mueller hasn't figured that depth of the mess out yet.

2.  Trade talk.  Well.....it might occur and wouldn't that be shocking?  What if the Russians figured out an industrial way to take off and take some Trump-magic over to their side?

3.  Cold War II over?  Putin says yes.  If it is over....why cover for NATO?  The pro-NATO crowd in Europe are probably shaking their heads over this.

4.  Trip to Europe score?  Out of a one to ten episode....I'd say it's a pretty safe '8'.  For the fall election situation....no damage.

No comments: