Tuesday 21 June 2022

What Podcasters Really Did Accomplish

 Up to the 1990s...TV and radio news networks were able to convey news and discussion over public agenda items.  Then, as social media came along....something unusual happened.  Podcasts started to replace the TV/radio news networks.  

In a normal week, I will preview at least fifty different podcasts....some just five minutes in nature....some going two full hours (like the Joe Rogan episodes).

I'll sometimes watch Dr Todd Grande take apart people and explain how sane or insane they are.

I'll watch the 'Amazing Lucas' review something with a tough black prospective.

I'll watch the '1420' podcasts where Russians are asked questions on the street.

I'll watch 'darkhorse' explain complicated science topics in simple talk.

I'll watch 'ancient architects' explain archeological discoveries. 

I'll watch Peter Boghossian detail the way to discuss topics with uncivil people.

I'll watch Lex Friedman drill down into serious science topics and provide enlightenment over the vast universe.

I'll watch 'A Word on Westerns' which covers all the cowboy movies of the past decades.

I'll watch Doctor John Campbell explain medicine to the 9th degree.

I'll watch 'serpentza' discuss China....both the good and bad.

I'll watch 'We got a problem' to explain the UK problems.

I'll watch 'Triggernometry' with two comedians taking fairly serious topics.

I'll watch 'Real coffee with Scott Adams' to get the insider view of the world.

In simple terms....podcasts have picked up the slack that the news media left on the floor, and fulfills the 'emptiness'.  

No comments: