1. There's the "we-are-sorry" speech for America's general feeling acting "alone" is ok...rather than being nice and do things in a multi-cultural sort of way.
2. Then there was the "we-are-sorry" speech To Europe for just being lousy Americans and never understanding their situation in the world. Naturally...Normandy was never mentioned and American men buried in France can't be rationally explained in any "we-are-sorry" speech.
3. Then there was the "we-are-sorry" speech Turkey where we explained that we simply misunderstood Islam. It was pretty neat for about a month or two. For some reason....that speech has been forgotten now....almost completely.
4. Then came the "we-are-sorry" speech to Libya for comments that we might have made but were made in error. The Libyans were just happy that someone wanted to be nice to them....and everyone shared some cups of goat-milk afterwards.
5. Then came the "we-are-sorry" speech at the World Economic Forum in Davos....where we screwed up in the big economic stumble around the world. We didn't really go into details here...because frankly...we still don't know how those stupid bankers lost all that money.
6. Then came the "we-are-sorry" speech to Japan....where we nuked them to end World War II, and it just wasn't the right way to end a war. We would have preferred to fight man-to-man all the way into the heart of Japan and three or four million Japanese folks instead.
7. Then came the "we-are-sorry" speech to Russia and we just wanted them to like us like they did in the old days...although we couldn't really remember when they ever liked us.
8. Then came the "we-are-sorry" speech to China....where we kinda wanted to mention to everyone in China that Arizona's new law was pitiful and we were sorry for it. A bunch of Chinese guys wondered where the hell Arizona was....and why one state held this much power in making a entire country apologize.
It is a great article, and as they point out.....we still have dozens of folks we need to repeat the "we-are-sorry" speech to.
A guy can say sorry about two or three times....to mean it.....but after that, there's no real feelings. And the idiots who constantly demand apologies.....tend not to accept any after the 3rd one....but they still let you know their feelings are hurt anyway.
Eventually, we'll end up with a "we-are-sorry" speech for George Bush and then we'll know we are in serious trouble.