Wednesday 23 October 2019

The 'Kit Kat' Candidate

At the conclusion of the 2016 election business....I kinda figured that it'd take about six months for Hillary Clinton to disappear from the spectrum, and not really be noticed by any news organization. 

I say it from this prospective....Hillary Clinton just wasn't this awesome alternate political candidate for President. 

If you'd had an election grouping with Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders, Mayor Pete, Robert Francis (Beto), and Elizabeth Warren in 2016....there's zero chance that Hillary would have been number one or number two, heading into the convention.  No one would have held more than 35-percent of the primary votes (Bernie might have been lucky to win 20 percent in that group).  I'd even suggest a Mayor Pete of today, in that type of primary....might have pulled five points more than Hillary Clinton.

In this alternate world of speculation....the public would have had real choices, and found limited-energy Clinton campaign could be easily beaten.  Look at Bernie in 2019....he's not even getting real attention like he did in 2015/2016. 

So why bring up Hillary into conversation in late fall of 2019?  Why hype her with this Hawaii Democrat....Tulsi Gabbard? Why get conversations of Hillary on front pages of the news?

On my list of the worst chocolate bars to consider, even on a low-energy afternoon....I always look over the big machine and the two rows of bars available.  I'll rate them, and it's always the Kit Kat bar that I will avoid.  The Mars Bar and Cripsy Crunch will follow that.  Along the way, I'll skip Pay-Day, and maybe that crappy Bounty Bar. 

So I equate the Hillary hype to 'Kit Kat'.....I'd rather go and find something more preferred from the alternate list.  Sadly, the news people fail to grasp that. 


No comments: