Thursday 14 November 2019

First Day of Impeachment Hearing

To be honest, I only put in 45 minutes of viewing.  To me, it's really not that dramatic or filled with information.  But there is this one thing that stood out with the witnesses that came on day one....second-hand and third-hand information.

Throughout my life (in the military years and the contractor period).....I often found that you needed to find the obvious person who knew the situation or the facts.  You learned to value first-hand information, and to usually discount second or third-hand information. 

If this hearing business ends up being mostly a pony-show, with people talking about so-and-so saying this but they didn't really hear it themselves....then it's a worthless show. 

Maybe it got better after the 45-minute period I watched....but if it didn't, then it's pretty much a wasted effort. 

No comments: