Friday 3 June 2022

'Breaking News'

 Someone finally went and convinced CNN....to just plain quit all this over-hyping on 'EVERYTHING' being "breaking news".

About seven years ago, I was sitting in some terminal for four hours....waiting for my connecting flight, and watching crappy CNN.  In the four-hour period....there must have been three occasions (separate events) that were hyped as 'breaking news'.  

On the significant news 'factor'.....one to ten.....one of the events I would have given a four.....the rest were one to two.  

How many times in an average year did 'breaking news' pop up?  Oh, I'd make a bet that it was a minimum of seventy times per month.  Just about every single earthquake qualified as 'breaking news'.  

Who figured out that this was stupid?  Unknown....but the guy deserves a medal, in my humble opinion.  

No comments: