Sunday 10 March 2024

Three Thoughts

 1.  Some folks went out and did the audience numbers for the State of the Union address.

Folks, 18 to 34?  5-percent watched the address.

Folks, 35 to 54?  19-percent watched the address.

Folks, 55 and over? 75-percent watched the address.

Only 8-million Americans down from age 54....watched it.  

2.  Tomorrow night (Monday) is Oscar night.

The last time I watched a Oscar show?  1983.  

I sat and thought about it.  Back in my early Air Force years, with a 50-cent ticket....I'd probably go six to ten times a month to a movie.  Since 2000?  I probably go one to two times a year to some movie.

To be honest, I would probably rate most movies produced these days as 'crap', and feel stupid having paid $10 for a ticket and another $8 for a popcorn/soda.

The last time at a theater and feeling 'value' for a great movie?  2011....with the movie 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'.  

My point on this topic....it's just a lot of crappy movie being made today, which aren't worth wasting 2 hours in viewing.

3.  L A county has said officially (Sat evening)....that the primary counting business is NOT over for them....they still have around 305,000 ballots to count. 

Most estimate they won't officially conclude things until Tuesday evening (at best).  

Just makes no sense.  

No comments: