Monday 22 April 2024

The Large Groups Problem

Around my fourth year in the Air Force....I came to some conclusion one day....that probably a quarter of the people you rely upon (both enlisted, officers, and generals)....were not that capable in what you expect of their ability.

 Eventually, I came to this quote by George Carlin and it perfectly matched my attitude about managers, leaders and bosses.

In fact, I came to some point in my forties....where I realized that smart people figured out an exit-or-new-path plan....where they managed their own group of people.  They found success.

I watched a video piece this week....by a Australian police chief...warning people that if you spread fake news around, you'd get into police-trouble.  If you wanted factual data....you needed to just ask the police and they would be the 'owners' of truth.  I pondered this for a while....thinking that politicians in Australia are basically outdated at this point....you just need a full-time police presence to run everything.

It is a strange world that we live in presently.....thank goodness we have stupid people in charge.

2 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

The Large Groups Problem; Also see congress

LargeMarge said...

Based on the evidence, the RulingElites are half-wit inbreds.
With bad teeth.
We shouldn't expect too much from their LeadershipThroughInfiniteWisdom©... they do the best they can.
Bless their hearts.