Wednesday 18 May 2022

Crisis Cost Story

 I sat this week and looked over a business story.  Starbucks came up and said....because of the abortion 'crisis'....they feel 'pain' for the birthing people....so they will cover travel costs for employees who need an abortion (or gender surgical stuff).

In simple terms....you live in X-state and it's not got the services you desire, so they will pay for you to go to another state....covering the hotel and travel involved.

I sat there for a good ten minutes, and finally came to this conclusion....if you need rehab (drugs or alcohol), physical therapy, chemo, or any regular medical requirement that isn't local.....Starbucks will be forced into the corner (by court action) to provide that travel cost as well.

That $4.15 cup of coffee (the super-duper venti)?  Well....I would project that to be rising to $4.50 before the spring of 2023.  

1 comment:

LargeMarge said...

I 'cis-identity' as a robot.
The bolts in my neck are due for their regular torquing.
The only place I trust is a sentient-robot shop on a satellite circling Rigel Seven in the Canis Major star system.
.
So... to get there-n-back -- with a stay at The Swanky Arms no-tel -- I just apply at that coffee joint.
Go it.
.
"Bat-sh*t whackaziod."
.
.
PS:
I fibbed on the reCAPTCHA.
First time.
I swear...