Saturday 9 March 2024

My 'Irish Spring' Essay

 When I went off to basic training (August 1977)....I ended up buying a bar of Irish Spring at the BX, and got 'stuck' on the scent.  For about 35 years, I was addicted to the I-S 'smell'. 

One day, after retirement.....my wife (German in nature) had some stock-holder meeting that we could attend.  That means food, Champaign, and 4 hours in a overly-heated arena.

I started to sweat a fair amount and the aroma of Irish Spring got into the air.  Yeah, I may have overly used the Irish Spring that morning.

Around the third hour....she attempted to move us back two rows....thinking the smell came from the couple in front of us.  About 10 minutes later....she started to sniff on me....now realizing this smell was the after-affects of Irish Spring mixed with sweat from the hot arena.

To put it mildly, I was lectured on the whole return trip home....how I would have stop using Irish Spring.  

It's been a tough six years since then....with only one or two sneak-purchases on my part to get Irish Spring.  What I've learned...to simply buy the liquid stuff, and refill some other non-Irish Spring container with the real Irish Spring.  

So far....it's worked.  But I'm having to be careful not to sit in hot places and sweat openly.   

1 comment:

Bigus Macus said...

7 Mind-Blowing Irish Spring Soap Tips for a Pest-Free Home

https://www.hometalk.com/diy/outdoor/pest-repeller/household-soap-hacks-44514342