Wednesday 3 June 2020

Disinfecting Story

Early this AM, I went down to my local garage, for new summer tires.

Here at the front door....was this 'deal'.  They'd disinfect your interior for 49.99 Euro (roughly 60 dollars). 

I walked in and did my paperwork for the tires, and then asked the 'dude' about the deal.  German guy, 50s, fair to good English. 

Basically, whatever the spray is....it kills everything (including ticks and fleas).  Leaves a pleasant oder (he claims). 

I turned down the deal but later sent a text message to the wife, if I should reconsider this.  'NO' was the immediate response....don't waste freaking money on this.

Basically, it's probably about $5 worth of some type of Lysol-product, and $15 of actual work-time, with $40 profit. 

But here's the thing.....you'd have Gerta walk in and having the car serviced.  She'd get all peppy about this, and worried about people riding in the car with her.  This Corona hype is still going on.  So she'd sign up for this.  And in a month, she'd revisit....worried about more passengers in the car.  They might have a hundred people a month buying this disinfectant business. 

No comments: