Sunday 30 June 2024

Is Joe Biden Worth $100-Million On A Book Deal?

 I read a piece where Jill (his wife) is pushing for a book deal.  She wants some publisher to come up and put $100-million on the table for a complete book.

I pondered over this.

First, I doubt seriously that Joe himself....would write the book.  Jill would either hire some guy to write it, or write it herself.

Second, I can't see massive interest....maybe 100,000 copies would sell at best.

Third, actual offering?  I could see someone stepping up and putting $5-million on table....half now and half when you finish the book.

Fourth, but what exactly is 'juicy' to be included in the book?  Would Joe mention the 8 days he was on a secret CIA mission to Belize in the 1960s?  Would Joe mention some secret romance with some Hollywood gal in the 1970s?  Would Joe talk about some safari adventure where the tiger almost ate him?

Finally, I come to this odd problem....would you read a book that some guy with full-blown dementia wrote?  I think most people would be shaking their head because of the background of the guy.

So, when you hear about some book-deal.....that's the basic introduction.  

2 comments:

Bigus Macus said...

I don't know if any publishing house has a 100 Million dollar to waste in this day and age.

Schnitzel_Republic said...

I tend to think if you were a AOC, or ranking person...as long as it was non-fiction, you'd get a $4-mil to $7-mil deal...with them knowing that it'll never sell more than 100,000 copies. Publishers are like a political charity operation.

A Hitler-like character producing M-K today? He'd probably clear $10-mil max.

Question is....who reads this garbage?